Re: [OM] Power and the 4T

Subject: Re: [OM] Power and the 4T
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 08:17:04 -0700
At 03:44 PM 11/11/2001 +0100, Bernd Möller wrote:
>Hi,
>
>> Or try the lithium batteries - much better in cold weather, tho life end is
>> more sudden.
>
>Can we use 3V Li batteries in our (never) OM's?
>
>That would be great news, or?

"Or".  Lithiums do work much better in cold weather, but have more of a sloping
discharge curve than silvers.  This means that they start producing exposure
errors fairly quickly, which get much worse before the lithium finally dies.
Better to use a 3V powerpack (Oly brand or home-built) and put it in your
pocket with an extension cord to the camera.

Garth