Re: [OM] PICS

Subject: Re: [OM] PICS
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 14:18:25 +0800
> I think we are saying the same thing. However, as you go up the kelvin scale,
> the light gets blue instead of more red. 6500 will give you less red than
> 5500.

I think you still not understand your digital camera, you better try
it out yourself. Set the camera to 6500K and take a photo then set the
camera to 5500K and take a photo. I'm sure you will get warmer picture
with the 6500K setting.

Every photographer know the higher the color temp the cooler the bluer
the picture, but it is applied to light source not the digital camera
setting.

> Also, it is easy to shoot at a known distance...i.e. 6 feet or 2
> meters.Use the zoom, but always stay at that distance. It is easy to compute
> the flash if you know what it is at a known distance...i.e. 12ft
> or 4 meters is two stops different. 3 feet, two stops less than six...etc.
> GN seems, to me, to be a lot of work rather than the above calculations.
> You can pick any distance...find out the f stop for a given flash power...
> the rest is simple math.

I won't argue with you, if you like to use GN for party shooting just
do it.

C.H.Ling