Re: [OM] and now for a real question... trip to antartica...

Subject: Re: [OM] and now for a real question... trip to antartica...
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 10:21:12 -0800
The method I have used when climbing in winter is to store the camera in a dry
bag in my pack outside the tent, but bring the batteries inside my sleeping bag
at night which always worked well with my OM-1. I now have one of the external
battery packs that I am planning on using with my OM-2.
This one has had the original battery pack removed. I am thinking of wiring it
up to take AAA or AA cells instead. Should be great for cold weather use.

In reality I have ne3ver had battery issues, even on Rainier in the winter with
the OM-1 and OM-2. With an OM-4 I would suspect it to be more of an issue.

Jim Couch