[OM] Fangs, catching gear, tests

Subject: [OM] Fangs, catching gear, tests
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:14:10 +1300
Hi,

Rick wrote

> Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 00:52:44 +0800
> From: "Rick Beckrich" <ribec@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [OM] Big Mirror lens(Was-Tamron 400/4 FS)
>
> Skip Williams wisely said, "Big lenses have a way of being conspicuous while
> little ones can come and go clandestinely.
>
> Amen to that.
>I chanced into a humomgous old Sigma XA 500/8 for my OM-2n. Still
> haven't figured out how to bring this home.
(snip)
Reminds me of an old story.
A pastor loved to fish. Didn't get out much to fish, and wasn't good at it.

So; at he end of any glorious day out with a rod, he would come past the
local fish shop,and order a fresh (trout, cod - you name it), and then say to
the shop assistant " Now, please throw it to me"; which they would do, and
he would catch the parcel in his hands..

On arrival, his dearest would ask " How did it go today" to which he would
reply truthfully "Look what I caught"!  ;-)

So, Rick - if getting that fang home is important to you, here's the plan.
1) Earn a pile of brownie points for a week or two. Just focus on the goal, and
be real nice in little ways for a couple of weeks - or as long as it takes.
2) Take the lens to a second-hand shop  - or anywhere, really. Put the lens
down. Then, sing a little song, it doesn't have to be out loud - and while
doing
so, pick up the lens and walk out with it.

So, you can take it home and say something like this - "Hey honey - look
what I scored -  picked it up for a mere song in a dealer's." "It's a real
beauty". Truthful too, in a way !
(g)

On an equally serious note ...

I have been putting lens tests up on the internet for a while now.. Since well
before joining this group. Source of info is a 1978 Modern P Photo guide
issue. As I get a round tuit I add another. I have been uncertain of the Pop
response to this, since they probably own the copyright.

So the directory on the server where they are is out-of-bounds to search
engines. There is a command that ISPs can issue that respectable search
engines are supposed to obey and keep out. So you should never find it on
Google, for example.    Here it is.
http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/zuiko/

Enjoy,

Brian