Re: [OM] Sad to see beauty spoiled

Subject: Re: [OM] Sad to see beauty spoiled
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 19:09:53 EST
In a message dated 11/12/01 4:04:50 PM Pacific Standard Time,
cosmo@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> And until you learn of
> services like John H's and Clint's, a LOT of OM gear gets that tag.

I have a beautiful OM-2n that I bought on evilBay for $40.00  It needed a new
meter and a new screen and a CLA.  $165 later I have a fully funcional
camera.  I don't think $205 is too much to invest in a 2n.  Oh, and it got a
new top panel in the bargain too.  From time to time I have purchased "basket
cases"  and did so when the risk was a small amount of money vis a vis the
potential if I guesses right.

I don't think I would spring for the package currently on eBay though, too
much to risk.

Dave Dougherty