Re: [OM] Sad to see beauty spoiled

Subject: Re: [OM] Sad to see beauty spoiled
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 19:15:22 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Michael Darling wrote:

> My bet is someone once had a connection to a repair shop and scored all the
> equipment deemed 'beyond economical repair'...  And until you learn of
> services like John H's and Clint's, a LOT of OM gear gets that tag.

>From what I've heard about some of his "damaged" equipment, even John and
Clint wouldn't be able to bring it back to life.  I think someone's theory
that this stuff got flooded at some point is correct.  If this stuff did
come from Flordia, then it's quite possible that it got caught in a flood
(eg. from a hurricane).  This is one of the dangers of buying damaged
equipment off eBay.  Everyone wants to think that they know more than the
seller without even being able to see the item first hand.  I wonder how
many of the "winners" of his past auctions would have paid the winning
bid had they seen the equipment first hand?
                                -mark