Re: [OM] Woohoo!

Subject: Re: [OM] Woohoo!
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 14:17:57 +0000
Cc: Mark Marr-Lyon <markml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Well done Mark! I might offer to swap except for the fact that I paid nearly 3 times what you did...

Chris

At 18:15 -0700 12/11/01, Mark Marr-Lyon wrote:
Today, I walked into a camera store with no intention of buying anything.
 Just looking.  Isn't that how it always starts?  Anyway, I found the
Zuikos and started looking.  Hmm, a nice silvernose 24/2.8...  A 50/3.5
macro... A nice champagne 4T with a 50/1.4... A couple of 35/2.8's... Not too much else... Oh wait a minute, what's that small one back there?
 There it was.  The elusive 40/2!  I blinked a few times, and it was
still there!  I wiped the drool from my mouth and asked the salesperson
if I could see it, and she handed it over.  Trying to keep my hands from
shaking too much, I turned it over and looked at the price.  $85!  Not
quite as good of a Fang as John H's recent find, as it didn't have a
camera for a rear lens cap, but still quite a deal!  It's not in perfect
condition, as it's a bit dirty and it has some specks on the glass and a
small spot of what might be fungus, but it should clean up nicely.  I
plopped down the plastic, and I've been grinning ever since :)  What a
great Zuikoholic fix!

--
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker