Re: [OM] (OM) External Battery Holder

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) External Battery Holder
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank.van@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 21:51:51 +0100
Here are a few pictures of how I made a poor man's battery holder a
few years back. Older list members will remember the discussion we had
on it. I sacrificed an old battery chamber cover and one ordinary RCA
jack (aka cinch jack or socket)

http://home.hccnet.nl/frank.van.lindert/Frank/pictures/3Vbatt/PIC00001.jpg
http://home.hccnet.nl/frank.van.lindert/Frank/pictures/3Vbatt/PIC00002.jpg
http://home.hccnet.nl/frank.van.lindert/Frank/pictures/3Vbatt/PIC00003.jpg

1. Drill a hole in the battery room cover large enough for the RCA
jack.
2. Mount the RCA jack.
3. Bend the solder eye of the jack a bit to shorten it, if necessary.
It should touch the spring inside the battery chamber.
4. Attach it to the camera.

That's all. You can use any cord with an RCA plug fitted to connect to
a 3 Volt DC source. Central pin is negative!!!

For an OM-4(Ti) one lithium cell (e.g. CR123A) will be just as good as
two silver cells and it will last veeeery long, even with intensive
use of the viewfinder light.

BTW, I always make my own 123's by dividing a CR-P2 into halves. As a
bonus this will give you one 123 with a solder tab on the negative
housing, perfectly suited for the purpose above. Soldering on the
positive button is easy as it is...  (One CR-P2 is much cheaper than
two CR123's, which is precisely what it has inside)

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.