Re: [OM] Help: picture accepted for publication, but what to do...?!?

Subject: Re: [OM] Help: picture accepted for publication, but what to do...?!?
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 18:16:01 -0800
on 11/13/01 6:10 AM, M. Royer at royer007@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Now THAT is one awesome picture. Its one of those once
> in a lifetime moments caught on film and I would be
> proud to display it to the world (if it was my pic of
> course). Hmm $80.00-100.00 for a book is pretty steep,
> but it seems like they'll do it up really nicely and
> full of other pics which you can proudly display on
> the coffee table with a nice bookmark and say to your
> friends/relatives/guests "Oh yeah I got one of my
> pictures published in this book." which is pretty
> cool.
>
> Mark Lloyd

I think I've read of similar 'contests' for poetry. Usually the only market
for the book is the people with works in it.

The picture is GREAT, truly a man in the right place at the right time with
a camera... but I'd put that $80-$100 into getting a nice big well-mounted
and framed print made for myself. That picture is worth a 16 x 20 or even
bigger!
--

Jim Brokaw