RE: [OM] Help: picture accepted for publication, but what to do...?!?

Subject: RE: [OM] Help: picture accepted for publication, but what to do...?!?
From: mike blayney <mikeblayney@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 00:03:53 -0800 (PST)
Olafo,

Hey, great picture, I'd love to see a large hi res version.

Here in the UK I've come across similar schemes for poetry. My wife and some of
her friends have submitted poems to an organization (name forgotten) and they
invariably have them accepted for publication. They are, of course, invited to
buy a copy of the book with their poems in at the "special pre publish price of
etc..". Being ever the sceptic, I've always assumed that the organizer's make
all, or most, of their profit from these sales to contributors  and I suppose
there's no harm in it as long it's realized that the book isn't going to get a
wide circulation.

Yer pays yer money and takes yer choice.

=====
Mike Blayney, Devon, UK.