Re: [OM] RE Star Party - Leonid meteors.

Subject: Re: [OM] RE Star Party - Leonid meteors.
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 08:46:29 -0700
At 10:16 PM 13/11/2001 -0700, you wrote:

[snip]

>I wanna be out at (shudder!) 2 am to 4 am next Sunday morning
>(November 18th).  I'm in Edmonton (53.33 North, 113.29 West), so I
>wanna have the camera pointed East-Northeast just slightly above the
>horizon.

More or less, yes.  Since you'll have several hours' worth of activity, you'll
probably be able to figure out where the camera should be pointed for maximum
potential.

Chris:  If you want company, me and my professional photog buddy were planning
on heading out to the Strathcona Wilderness staging area east of Edmonton
(weather permitting) to do some Leonid-shooting.  Could be even more
spectacular if we get some good auroral activity at the same time (although
strong aurorals may wash out the meteor trails...).  Lemme know if you're
interested, we can make a small party of it.  And there should be dozens of
others out at the staging area, too...

Garth