Re: [OM] Stupid BW question

Subject: Re: [OM] Stupid BW question
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:20:54 -0800
No, that's why they call it through-the-lens metering--as the meter reads the actual light through the lens no compensation is required. Now if you shoot manually with a hand-held meter you'd need to take the filter into account . . . .

Boy, that came out glibly enough. My sole remaining brain cell must be feeling its oats this afternoon. <g>

Tris

P.S. I don't know, but when I do available light at night, say, of a flood-lit building, I get better results if I take a spot reading off the scene's highlights with my 4T's in-camera meter, then bracket up 1/2 a stop. If I leave it on auto the highlights will come out overexposed every time. Or at least this is what I get with Impresa 50 and Reala 100. I don't use other or faster emulsions for low-light work off the tripod.

Tris

My braincell must be dying of loneliness.

When I stick a Red 25 on my lens for B&W, do I need to correct
the exposure at all, or just stick with the TTL metering.
(OM-2S, OM-4).

Yes, my wife just bought me a new red filter.  It's been
years...

AG-RED-Schnozz