Re: [OM] Tamron 80-200/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 80-200/2.8
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 15:07:46 -0800
In a message dated 11/14/2001 Thomas Bryhn writes:

<< And there's no locking mechanism provided in case you want to take
pictures
straight up or straight down? Sounds like it's made for action and press
use, not tripod work.
Oh, what the h***, the price was right and it's already on it's way....

The price was more than right...borderline *Fang* price if you ask me.
Carry some racers...er duct tape for locking the zoom/focus ring on a
tripod. Yes, it is an exceptional action/press lens. I got mine from a
working press photographer back East and see a few at the track often.
It, my 350/2.8, some converters, and a wide angle are all I carry now. I
think you'll be pleased with it.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com