Re: [OM] Difference Between the 50mm Zuiko Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Difference Between the 50mm Zuiko Lenses
From: Damon Wood <deewhy_au@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 12:24:08 +1100 (EST)
Hi all!

I have a 50mm 1.4 (SN 1,000,000+) and a MC 50mm 1.8 lens - all Zuiko.

I havnt used the 1.8 much at all with my OM10 and OM2n.

The 1.4 is a beutiful, heavy, precision lens whilst the 1.8 is in pristine
condition (cannot compare in the true feel I have to say).

Though, is the sharpness between these lenses similar and what about the
contrast between the two?

Have I simply 'overkilled' using the 1.4 over the 1.8?

Cheers and keep up the good [OM] listings!

Damo