Re: [OM] Tamron 80-200/2.8 vs Tokina's ATX series

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 80-200/2.8 vs Tokina's ATX series
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 09:39:35 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, I wrote:

> They can't possibly be as good, because about 2 months after I got my SP
> 80-200/2.8 the Tokina equivalent went for noticeably less on eBay.
>
> ermmm  :(

Oops, I've just noticed that I managed to insert my unfashionably large
.sig before the second smiley (which also seems to be incomplete).  This
has probably led some of you to think I was being perfectly serious here
- it was meant to be a light-hearted comment.

As others have pointed out, there is little to choose between the Tamron
and Tokina offerings here, and one should go for whichever one finds
first at an acceptable price.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
| |   | |   | |             http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/~cpian/          |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |