[OM] List of future TOPE events, here's your chance to vote :)

Subject: [OM] List of future TOPE events, here's your chance to vote :)
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 11:40:08 +0100
Hi guys,

Well, I checked my mail archive and think I have retrieved the majority of
the suggested new TOPE themes. I will most likely have missed a few messages
with suggested themes, so if someone can think of good themes not listed
here, by all means do suggest them :)

Several themes were mentioned multiple times (most noticably so: colours,
shadows, reflections, B&W, your living place, ...), but let's leave the end
results up to the votes.

O.k., the full list in no particular order (where a theme by name perhaps is
not self-explanatory enough, and/or where explicitely given, a small
explanation of the theme has been included), follows down below:

1-B&W photography
2-Architecture (exterior / interior)
3-Colour theme (either around a specific colour, or with colour being
somehow an important aspect of the shot)
4-Shadows (Pictures of shadows or with significant shadows in them)
5-Reflections (Pictures of reflections or with reflections in them. Maybe
even pictures of someone reflecting on the past)
6-Through a window (Pictures framed by a window, door or other opening)
7-Hands (Pictures with hands as a significant part of composition)
8-Patterns/textures (Patterns that occur in our world, such as repeating
patterns, or interesting textures)
9-Specific Shapes (Could be circles, squares, crosses, etc.)
10-Water
11-Movement/motion
12-Things that show age (could be people, buildings, objects etc.)
13-Speed
14-Silhouettes
15-Sunsets and sunrises
16-Landscapes (landscape/scenic: something that captures the essence of your
chosen venue. People and man-made objects or structures are optional)
17-Sports or Fast action photography (This would give people an excuse to
use the faster Zuiko's like the 50/1.2, etc., and a chance to try some high
speed films like 800 & 1600 ASA. Also, it's a broad category, as you could
go for action-stopping crisp photos, or classic subject in focus, background
motion blurred shots)
18-Skys
19-Signs
20-Our offices - desktops - studios
21-Vehicles: Cars - bikes - motor bikes - trains
22-Blurred photos - or bad photos that we don't like a lot :)
23-Landmarks (from our countries)
24-Still lifes
25-Your living place
26-Creative use of shutter speeds and/or f stops
27-Children
28-Funny/bizarre shots (that BIZARRE shot that makes you think "WHAT
THE...." and gives you that little chuckle deep down inside as you witness
someone's miss-fortune. I would be interested to see some of your great
"WHAT THE..." shots. Life is    so much easier when you get that little laugh
happening.)
29-Existing art (that is, an image of someone else's art)
30-Drama (the smaller and/or greater tragedies of life)

So, at 30 suggestions, the list is rather long. Now, to organise matters
well, I ask anyone interested in voting, to send me their votes off-list
(o.greve@xxxxxxx, subject: "TOPE themes votes"), so I can process them, and
then determine the order in which events will take place (as well as perhaps
completely filter out events that receive no votes). I will be receiving
votes until Friday next week (i.e. November 23rd), and then the voting
rounds will close, and I will start doing the sorting. Please try to
indicate your favourite themes (preferrably in the order in which you'd like
to have them take place), and please try to keep that list relatively short
(5 themes? 10 themes? oh well, no matter how many, just try to be clear in
indicating which themes most appeal to you).

Alright, I'll set up a dedicated folder for this now, and I hope to receive
many replies...:)

Cheers!
Olafo