RE: [OM] Volvo lust

Subject: RE: [OM] Volvo lust
From: "David Howells" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 22:07:03 -0000
Albert,
You said:
<snip>
>  Small, compact, feature rich, rivels any BMW in
> performance luxury and comfort, MUCH better value than any other German
car
> out there, and Quattro is something that is just unmatched.

ANY is the key word!  The S2 and S4 Audi are good, the VOLVO tanks are safe
and, in the case of the Turbo, fast in a straight line.  They do not compare
to the M3 for sheer ability, performance, handling and delight at any price.
In fact the S2 / S4 / Volvo Turbos are all quite expensive.  The "better
value" is meaningless unless qualified in some way!  My comparitor is that I
have owned these cars, driven them all for at least a year each and
therefore can comment that your judgement is not correct; only IMHO of
course!

David
[My other car is a LandRover Defender 90 with a cubby-box in the front
designed to carry 2 OM bodies and 5 lenses to most places! :-)]