Re: [OM] Volvo lust

Subject: Re: [OM] Volvo lust
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 16:04:32 -0800 (PST)
It was as sour a lemon as you could imagine. The
entire electrical system was completely replaced 8
times before Harlem. (It was all under warranty thank
God, Volvo coughed up $10000 in replacement costs) I
remeber coming home from school (5th and 6th grade,
Volvo was all the rage in Madison, the soccer mom car
of its day) with my mom and 3 times there would be a
very loud crackling popping sound like you get when
electrics short out and acrid smoke would start
pouring from under the dash where the Mickey Mouse
'fusebox' was. The thing was cursed I'm telling ya. It
was also our first and last experiment with a foreign
car. Ford, Mercury, or Buick is all we ever get now,
nice very comfortable reliable American Made cars. I
still can smell the ozone from that thing...

Mark Lloyd