[OM] off topic, Volvo 245 (wagon)

Subject: [OM] off topic, Volvo 245 (wagon)
From: "jlamadoo, home account" <jlamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 20:13:00 -0500
Wow.  My previous Volvo wagon (77) always had some small ailment but this
'88 is a sweetheart, burning no oil at 230,000 miles.  I paid $4,500 for it
(when it was worth $6,500!) and I've been driving it for years.

(Do yourself a favor and pause for a second.  Reflect on the math:  $4,500
and I've been driving it for years.)

This vehicle is 13 years old and the metallic silver paint looks great.  I'd
love it even if it was merely the safest thing made that year but it's so
much more and the value, the *value*, boys and girls, is off the chart.
It's a no brainer.

Lama

Mark's parents had a series of bad experiences:
tinfoil. Parents ditched it after the thing went dead
in Harlem at night back in the Dinkins era. 10,000
dollars of electrical fixes and the thing goes dead in
a place that back then truly was an urban war zone.