Re: [OM] Difference Between the 50mm Zuiko Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Difference Between the 50mm Zuiko Lenses
From: "k.matsumoto" <matsumoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 14:25:13 +0900
> Japanese quality? No question it could be one of the best in
> theworld.

Many of we Japanese still believe that the Germans make better
products. True or not, we want to believe that way <g>.

As I read in a photo magazine recently, a journalist found some
*ikon lenses and *eica lenses made in the same factory (of maybe
*amron or *igma) at around Nagano, Japan. This guy says one reason
the *eica lenses are more expensive is because they have a stricter
quality standard and trash more "out of standard" elements.

I don't know if this is true, but at least this guy says he was
awakened from his dream and stopped lusting after *eica lenses (for
a few days).

kazuya matsumoto