[OM] TOPE voting progress

Subject: [OM] TOPE voting progress
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:26:42 +0100
Hi,

Well I'm pleased to say that some 10 people have already sent me their votes
for the next TOPE themes, and already a clear pattern is being established.
Some of the themes many people vote for were to be expected, and some others
were (for me, at least) a bit surprising. I think we're in for a very nicely
varied new TOPE season!

I will not yet give any details as to which themes are being mentioned most
often, but I do encourage as many people as possible to have their
democratic say in which themes will be done next. So, please keep them
coming (if possible, please off-list to o.greve@xxxxxxx, with the subject
set to "TOPE themes votes")

Then, there was a suggestion for an "instant meteor TOPE", well I think this
will be a bit out of reach to dedicate a TOPE on (as I fear the variety and
amount of submissions will not be big enough). However, if many people
manage to get decent meteor pictures I will consider it, so I'm not giving a
"definite no" right now...

>     "Meteors" since the best Leonids in 33 years are coming Sunday
>     Morning (Monday in the Eastern Pacific). Maybe 8000/hour peak!

BTW: I haven't followed this with a whole lot of detail, but does anyone
know what we can expect to see (if anything) over here in Europe
(secifically in The Netherlands)?

Cheers!
Olafo