AW: [OM] TOPE voting progress, leonid meteors and photos

Subject: AW: [OM] TOPE voting progress, leonid meteors and photos
From: "Dr. Rainer Wagner" <Rainer.Wagner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 11:34:29 +0100
Hi Olaf,
I just consulted a few astronomy sites, the main activity will be only
visible from the Far east (Mongolia) or eventually Australia and the western
US. We  here (I am in Juelich, close to Aachen)have the chance to see at
least some bright meteors by getting up early on th 18th and 19th(3 - 6 in
the morning) Two years ago, I just by chance  saw some bright fireballs
about one day ahead of the main performance, so (provided the weather allows
it :-( ) it may be worth while to look at the sky during the next nights,
especially during the early morning hours, when the constellation Leo comes
up in the eastern sky.

For photography, I would recommend the fastest and widest wideangle , the
fastest film (even kodak ektchrome 1600 ) and exposures between 1 and 4 min.
I perhaps (weather!) will try my kiev 60 with 30mm/3.5 fisheye and Fuji RMS
pushed to 1000, and Fuji NGH 800 pushed 1 stop. Eventually OM1 with 24/2,8
or Kiron 28/2,0 and Supra 800 pushed one stop.