Re: [OM] Epson 1270

Subject: Re: [OM] Epson 1270
From: John Pendley <jpendley@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 09:43:04 -0500

Jim Brokaw wrote:

My Epson 800 has a utility program for aligning the printheads. I think you
need to run that program when you change cartridges.
--

Thanks, Jim, and thanks to all who made this suggestion and others. This problem has taken on a weird aspect. I ran all three utilities (unclog, align, etc.) several times last night, and the print did improve, but there was still some banding. For some reason, I looked really hard at the scan itself, in Photoshop, and the *scan* is banded! Then I printed a scan that showed no bands, and that print had banding, too. Finally, I printed two B&W scans from negatives: no banding. So, in one case, the printer seems to be reproducing bands that are in the scan (how they got there, I haven't a clue). In another case, the printer seems to be adding its own bands. Finally, when color is not involved, no banding. Very confusing.

John