Re: [OM] TOPE voting progress

Subject: Re: [OM] TOPE voting progress
From: Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 10:42:27 -0500
On Friday, November 16, 2001 at 10:26, Olaf Greve
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "[OM] TOPE voting progress" saying:
> >     "Meteors" since the best Leonids in 33 years are coming
Sunday
> >     Morning (Monday in the Eastern Pacific). Maybe 8000/hour
peak!

> BTW: I haven't followed this with a whole lot of detail, but does
anyone
> know what we can expect to see (if anything) over here in Europe
> (secifically in The Netherlands)?

You'll miss the peaks visible in NA and the eastern Pacific, but you
should still get a show. The Leonids come out of the Leo constellation
(duh) so whenever it's above the horizon, roughly midnite to dawn
local each day you should see some. Look on the BBC site about it.

Tom

------- Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur -------------------
   ,__@         Tom A. Trottier +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115
 _-\_<,         758 Albert St., Ottawa Ontario Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        ICQ:57647974  Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx N45.412
W75.714