[OM] Loose OM-2sp rewind button collar

Subject: [OM] Loose OM-2sp rewind button collar
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 07:19:22 -0500
The collar around the rewind button on one of my 2sp's is loose.  It
mostly stays in place but it has popped out of the top cover a couple of
times.  So far it's been left hanging on the rewind button but
eventually I'm going to lose it unless it gets fixed.

It looks like this was meant to be a press fit into the top. Looking at
the parts diagram the collar seems to be an integral part of the top
cover. I don't see any way to fix it other than a bit of epoxy.
Cyanoacrilate would probably be better but would be dangerous without
removing the top.

Is this supposed to be a press fit?  Anybody got a better suggesion?

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA