Re: [OM] How Quiet is the OM-4T?

Subject: Re: [OM] How Quiet is the OM-4T?
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 14:19:35 -0700
On 18 Nov 2001, at 13:02, Winsor Crosby wrote:

> I concur. When I had a Leica M3, a friend bought an OM1. I was
> stunned that there was an SLR no bigger than my M3 with clip on meter and
> almost as quiet.  My used OM1N is quieter than my OM4T which quiet by other
> SLR standards.  The 4 also has some of that SLR mirror flip flop feel about
> it that the 1N does not. The OM1N  wind lever is also smoother and has more
> of a precision feel about it.  On the other hand I use the OM4T all the
> time because of its wonderful metering system.  Would an OM3Ti have the
> best of both worlds? -- Winsor Crosby Long Beach, California

Having never owned a Leica nor an OM-3(Ti), due to lack of funds *and*
desire, I can't comment on those cameras.  But, I *do* agree that
there's *nothing* like the feel and sound of the OM-1(N)!  The OM-4
beats it in the "features" department, but nothing can touch the OM-1(N)
it in the "precision feel" department.

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  My OM-4 doesn't have much "mirror slap" feeling to it...  not like
Cori's LX, anyway.  I played with a N*k*n once...  can't remember which
model...  and it both felt and sounded like the "hammer on anvil" Canon
F1n you described.

---
I'm *not* a Zuikoholic....  I'm a Zuikohobbyist!
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.joinco.ca