[OM] Re: Camedia 2100

Subject: [OM] Re: Camedia 2100
From: "Mike Stoesz" <mstoesz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 06:06:49 -0700
Good day;

I have had the Olympus Camedia 2100UZ for about 5 months and love it.
Great in these old shaky hands.  I use it mostly for close-ups of photo
gear inside but have used it outside for general photography.  It is
perfect for me and what I need to do with it.  The 64mg size card limit
is not a problem.  Card prices are drifting down rapidly and carrying
multiple cards is no big deal. I do however recommend and extra set of
very good batteries (Olympus one work great) preferrably 1600-1700 mAh
hour rated, and an AC power adapter for downloading the photos.

The digital viewfinder is weird to use initially but ok after you get
used to it. I took photos of a "Make it with Wool" fashion show and all
photos were fine although viewfinder blackout at exposure time was
disconcerting.  I would not choose this or the 700 for sports or action
photos.  A better choice would be one of the models with an optical
viewfinder such as the C-2500 which is also a fine camera and discounted
heavily now.

Best wishes, Mike
mstoesz@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.rainbowphoto.ws