Re: [OM] Fungus in my 50/1.4 MC?

Subject: Re: [OM] Fungus in my 50/1.4 MC?
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 08:39:51 -0500
There are some 1.4s with white bubbles in the black paint on the back of the
front group.  This is around the perimeter.  If this is the case,
replacement is probably your only option, if you can find them.  If the
clear area of the element is misted, possible it can be cleaned.  Sometimes,
I open a lens to find that the damage is inside a cemented group.

John  Hermanson
http://www.zuiko.com
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000