Re: [OM] Beware of foreign entanglements?

Subject: Re: [OM] Beware of foreign entanglements?
From: Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:03:23 -0500
I don't think it's necessarily a problem - yet.

I believe that he could send you a US-dollar postal money order which
you could cash at the post office before you mail his stuff.
He may also have a US address or bank account.

I usually pay for stuff with a check on a Delaware bank, tho I live in
Canada.

Tom

On Monday, November 19, 2001 at 12:37, Peter A. Klein
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "[OM] Beware of foreign entanglements?" saying:

> I just made my first Ebay sale, and already there's a problem.  My ad
> clearly specified, "U.S. and Canada bidders only, please," cashier's
check
> or money order, U.S. priority mail shipping.  So of course the
winning
> bidder has a .fr at the end of his email address, indicating he is in
> France.  He has not contacted me yet.  He has good feedback.
There is a
> U.S bidder one dollar lower who the French bidder "sniped" at the
last minute.

> So what do I do now?  Do I have a right to refuse to sell to him?  I
> couldn't find anything about this situation on the Ebay help.  Or
should I
> just live with it?
>
> I really didn't want to deal with the hassle of bank wire transfers and
> international shipping on a $56.00 item--a Zuiko 50/1.4.  I don't plan
> be a big-time seller, so I really don't want to open the door to
middlemen
> with a PayPal seller's account or Ebay Checkout.
>
> --Peter

------- Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur -----------------
   ,__@         Tom A. Trottier +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-
6115
 _-\_<,         758 Albert St., Ottawa Ontario Canada K1R
7V8
(*)/'(*)        ICQ:57647974    Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx N45.412
W75.714
Laws are the spider's webs which, if anything small falls
into them
they ensnare it, but large things break through and
escape.
        --Solon, statesman (c.638-c558 BCE)
temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."     --
Benjamin Franklin