Re: [OM] Lenoid Meteor Storm

Subject: Re: [OM] Lenoid Meteor Storm
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 21:49:30 -0800
on 11/19/01 4:29 PM, Charles Loeven at cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Well, This is the best I got.
> http://home.earthlink.net/~cpl49
>
> Click on "View from flat rock".  I can't figure out how to change
> that or add more pages to "click and build".
>
> Charlie

Your pictures are much better than mine...

You would think that when the biggest meteor shower in 33 years is announced
for 2AM Sunday, I would be out there at 2AM SUNDAY, and not 2AM MONDAY...!
Somehow my brain slipped a gear, and I was 24 hours late to the show.

<Sigh!>

Took my OM-1 and 28/2.0 up on the hill out of town (San Jose, CA). Still a
lot of light pollution, and I only saw 5 meteors in about 1-1/2 hours...
cold, too. I figured it was due to the light clouds, light pollution, and
the thing was a bust. Until I talked to some people at work who wondered why
I was a zombie all red-eyed... and figured out that I should have been out
SATURDAY freakin' night instead.

Guess I'll get it right in 2034...
--

Jim Brokaw