Re: [OM] Beware of foreign entanglements?

Subject: Re: [OM] Beware of foreign entanglements?
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank.van@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 09:36:31 +0100
Being a non-USA eBayer I may add a few things.

Many of the sellers are not aware when listing their items on eBay
that the 'USA buyer only' option is the default. I have learned from
many communications with sellers that they didn't know about that
limitation, and who were happy to sell abroad. After all, like Tom
says, it isn't really much more trouble for private sellers. It may be
different with corporate sllers, though.
I must admit that I even sometimes 'forget' about it and just bid,
especialy in BIN auctions, even when it says 'USA only'. I will never
do that when the seller in his description says the same - as
obviously he must deliberately have put it there in that case.

The bidpay option is indeed a good advice to do business with people
who do not want to use PayPal or BillPoint. It costs a few dollars
(4-5%) to the buyer, and I don't know what USA sellers have to pay
when cashing those MO's. Here in Europe it is expensive to have them
cashed.

I can only advise eBayers, worldwide, to make their items available
worldwide as well. I think that this should be default in the eBay
entry forms.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.