Re: [OM] Digital Camera that takes OM lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Camera that takes OM lenses
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:04:07 -0500
Cc: royer007@xxxxxxxxx
As long as there's not too much distance between the film mounting flange and the detector, someone could certainly make an adapter. (If the distance is too long, you'd lose infinity focus).

Problem 1: Any linkages between the body and the lens will be certainly lost. And I bet that the digital camera relies upon digital signals from the lens for aperture information to regulate its exposure.

Problem 2: OK, you say, "You could use the lenses in stop down mode". But remember, OM lenses (except the 35 & 24 shift) don't have locking DOF-Preview buttons. Are you going to hold the little button down for every shot? Me thinks not.

The net result?

- No OM lenses on digital cameras.
- Our OM investments are a dead end re: upgradability.
- Olympus doesn't care about the OM system in the 21st century.
- We're all dinosaurs.

- Do not pass GO.
- Do not collect $200.
- GAME OVER, MAN.

Skip :-(

****** I M P O R T A N T   R E P L Y   I N F O ************
Please adddress ALL offlist messages to skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx
This hotmail.com email address is ONLY used for this mailing list subscription and I will probably not notice any private messages addressed here.