Re: [OM] Digital Camera that takes OM lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Camera that takes OM lenses
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 12:37:35 -0500
Yes, some company has adapted the 35-80/2.8 for use on a studio-based digital camera. (I can't remember which company. They showed up Ebay for sale.)

Contax's recently introduced N-Digital SLR has a 24x36mm CCD, the industry's first. Pentax backed out of it's comittment to market such a camera, wisely preferring to remain in the digital P&S market (THey'd have gotten crushed there). Expect to see Canon, Nikon, and perhaps Olympus in that game soon. Actually, it's a bit surprising that Contax/Kyocera was the first out of the gate with such a product. There must be more to that story than we are told.

Expected price of the N-Digital: ~$6,500 in Japan.

Skip