[OM] XA3 Question

Subject: [OM] XA3 Question
From: frankrad4@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 13:28:10 -0500
   I picked up an XA3  at a yard sale for $ 5.00.  Not exactly a Fang but
not bad, it had a fresh roll of film  loaded with just one exposure on it
too. I put new batteries in it and cleaned the contacts between the
camera and flash and the camera came back to life. I have never used one
of these so I have a few questions about its use.
   I called Olympus today to get a free manual but it seems they no
longer are giving them away.  I got a recording instructing me to have my
credit card ready to pay 10.00 for each photocopy of a manual. A few
months ago they sent me an original manual for free and even paid for
priority mail, I received it in 3 days and was quite impressed with the
service. I guess that was to good to last :-(
   Anyway, now for the questions....
1) There seems to be 3 zones to focus the lens, does anybody know the
distances of these zones?
2) The camera has DX coding but also has ISO settings, what am I supposed
to do, put tape on the film if I want to overide the DX?
3) I don't see any way to change the battery in the A1L flash, what is
powering this flash?
                Frank Griffin