Re: [OM] Digital Camera that takes OM lenses (READ!)

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Camera that takes OM lenses (READ!)
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 13:13:36 -0800 (PST)
If Olympus discontinued their OM line completely they
would get eaten alive by the 'photo press' and by
Nikon, Canon, and Minolta, which would seriously wound
their digicam sales. It's kind of sad, but the Olympus
of today is more and industrial and laboratory company
than a consumer oriented company. Still they have nice
robust sales in the P&S and digital camera sales while
the OM system is more of a prestige and symbolic
system today. Olympus doesn't make much money off of
it, but it doesn't lose much money either. Kind of a
'why not?' situation. God I wish that was otherwise,
but it is'nt. Still I love my Zuikos :)

Mark Lloyd