[OM] Leonids missed...

Subject: [OM] Leonids missed...
From: nrky@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 16:57:34 -0600
Hi All,

Had 2 bodies (-1 and -4) tripoded up and ready to go with 400ASA print
and 100ASA slide film (plus 3 rolls each) ready to go on my kitchen table
nosed with a 24/2.8 and a 35/2.8 (plus a 50/1.4 in reserve) and when I
got
up a 2:45am [peak should have been between 3~5am in the midwest] I was
completely socked in with clouds except for a small circle directly above
the
house...talk about disgusted...I'd been looking forward  to this for 2
months
(actually since 2000 October when the MO Conservation calender came out
for
this year - used to have moon charts and major meteor shower info on it)

I did see a few get through the clouds, but the skyglow from the clouds
kept me
from even bringing out the cameras...damnit

Bill  >; P
"Life unfolds on a great sheet called Time (film)*,
and once finished (developed)* is gone(here)* forever..."
*provided ya have a good archival system in place.