AW: [OM] Astro photography with OM

Subject: AW: [OM] Astro photography with OM
From: "Dr. Rainer Wagner" <Rainer.Wagner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 08:07:38 +0100
Hi Mike,
Look here :     http://www.robertreeves.com/filmtest.htm
This Site is one of the best for astrophotography I have seen. He also
recently published a fine book, first chapter can be downloaded from his
site!
For meteors, I would suggest the highest speed film you can get, perhaps
Kodak P1600, which I have used with good results. Its rather grainy, of
course. Alternatively Superia 800 or 1600, even pushed as well. exposure
times 1- 2 min, depending on the quality of your site. For normal
astrophoto, most experts highly recommend Kodak E200( low reciprocity , good
red sensitivity). Do you use guided or fixed tripod ?
Clear skies
Rainer