Re: [OM] Leonids in VIC, OZ

Subject: Re: [OM] Leonids in VIC, OZ
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 15:44:22 +1100
Khancoban - Cloudy.
Cooma - Cloudy.

Foxy - Upset

----- Original Message -----

Dear Zs,

Dragged myself, wife and son out of bed at 02:00 this morning, filled the
thermos,
and set out for an 80km drive NE of Melbourne.  Found a *very* quiet area
and
set up 2 OM-1s on tripods at about 03:40 to catch the Leonids.  We had seen
couple of big streaks from the SUV before we actually arrived.  Once our
eyes
were dark adapted the display was incredible and continued until about 05:00
when the light in the sky washed out most of the stars (along with the
meteors).  I
don't know what the photographic results will be like, but the effort was
worth it
just for the event itself.