Re: [OM] Astro photography with OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Astro photography with OM
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 13:36:53 -0800
At 10:26 AM 23/11/2001 -0800, Winsor Crosby wrote:
Mike,

If you plan to delve into astrophotography this book is a must read:
"Astrophotography for the Amateur" by Michael A. Covington.

[snip]

Wasn't he one of the original founders of this list? He was a frequent contributor when when I first started lurking on the list.

I don't know if he was a "founder," but when I arrived in '97 he was already here. His contributions were frequently wonderful.

Garth

I remember one terrific photo he took of the dome of the observatory where he worked. He carefully balanced the interior lighting with the outside so that he got a terrific night view which allowed you to look down into the perfectly exposed interior of the dome. It truly was beautiful.

Also his name is all over the OM SLR FAQ and the repair FAQ as well.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California