Re: [OM] The Looming Pro Digital

Subject: Re: [OM] The Looming Pro Digital
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 12:32:26 -0800
Hey you!  Don't get our hopes up.  :-(

Anyway, don't expect a replacement digital back anytime soon. And if it comes? It will be for current cameras. Not our beloved OMs.

Skip

Ack! Has something happened to the OM3Ti and 4Ti?

If not then they may be current still by the time some enterprising company decides camera backs might be a good business model. Maybe the same company that does the Polaroid backs. There should be LOTS more demand for a digital back than a Polaroid one. Or maybe one of the more diversified lens manufacturers like Sigma.

Now the question is whether the CCD will have the same reflectance as film. Hmm...

Another thought: I wonder whether permission has to be obtained from the manufacturer to make an accessory back. If so or even if not some camera manufacturer could make it tough on the company making an accessory it felt might eat into the sales of a new digital system.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California