RE: [OM] Copyright and Photoshop

Subject: RE: [OM] Copyright and Photoshop
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 19:28:01 -0800
Hi Damon,

It depends... If you're trying to use the additional properties of Adobe
Photoshop files, then you won't be able to do it. If you just want to insert
some text into the picture itself, you can do it, as below (Macintosh
procedure may vary, this works on PCs):

Use the Text Tool to add the text to the photo. When you use the text tool
it automatically creates a new layer. Before you can save a native Photoshop
file as a JPG, you've got to get rid of the layers. So... After adding the
copyright text, save the file in native Photoshop mode (to preserve the
layers and not make the copyright changes a permanent part of the image).
Then, choose the "flatten image (layers? can't remember exactly, you'll find
it) off the menu. After you've flattened the image, save the file as JPG. Be
careful not to save it as PSD or you'll overwrite your original!

HTH! E me direct if you have more questions or this wasn't clear enough.

---
Scott Gomez