[OM] List member's good graces

Subject: [OM] List member's good graces
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 13:10:46 -0600 (CST)
On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:05:38 +1100, Marc Lawrence wrote:

>...and yet, arising from my questions, I got a new focussing
>screen for my new OM1 absolutely "free of charge" including
>P&H. To lose the retail terminology, that is overwhelming
>generosity in my book, which I hope I can offer others at
>some time.

There's a lot of that sort of thing that goes on. A list member sent
me a hand-etched focus screen once after seeing my posts on the
subject. Another list member sent me a Rolleiflex TLR to try for a
couple of weeks when I said I was interested in medium format. I had
a listmeber send an adaptor from Australia once. It didn't fit what I
needed it to, so I sent it on to another list member. This is a good
bunch of folks.

>Oh, by the way, I showed horrendous direspect on the weekend
>when I flung my OM1 off my shoulder and through the air onto
>the hardwood floor. Everything still seems functional, though
>that lens focussing ring left a nasty dent in my floor.
>Cross-fingers all is ok (maybe my 50 1.4 lens elements were
>poorly alligned, and I have done the "A" of a CLA for them <g>)

You're probably fine. My OM-1 and OM-10 have been bashed against
cliffs, stuffed in backpacks, left in cars, and generally abused for
20+ years, and they're still in great shape.

BB
-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bean & Bean Cotton Co