Re: (ot) IE v6.0 was RE: [OM] the digest

Subject: Re: (ot) IE v6.0 was RE: [OM] the digest
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 13:03:52 -0800

Actually I'm getting more errors from XP than I did from 98 SE, though except for one nasty problem when I updated both IE v6.0 files and drivers for my SoundBlaster card the system hasn't gone down, just back to desktop. I also took "advantage" of Microsoft's invitation to participate in the error-reporting program. Bottom line there: when I went to read the "details" of my error report, a clickable option, I recovered yet another error message telling me there was an error with the error report!

Microsoft is a sad company filled with sad people who do sad work, that's what I think.

Oh yeah--when I tried the beta of IE 6 it totally trashed my 98 SE setup and IU was forced to pay Microsoft money over the phone to fix things again. I was told by two different Microsoft tech support types that the company new the beta version was the pits yet left it up there for users to get ahold of solely in order to generate more feedback on the problems. Tell me that's reputable behavior.

And you know what? I blame the greedheads who ran Apple years ago for all of this, not Gates and his crowd. The former knew better but had to be assholes about it, the latter behave as if they simply don't know any better. <g>

Tris

I hear IE 6.0 is a real dog of a program and if you
can you should downgrade to v5.5, which is very stable
on my win 98 box. Several hallmates and aquaitances on
campus who upgraded to v6.0 have had no end of
problems. Win XP is supposedly quite stable but I
haven't seen it in action enough so I can't comment.

Mark Lloyd