Re: [OM] Om-2000 no longer available??

Subject: Re: [OM] Om-2000 no longer available??
From: John Pendley <jpendley@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 16:48:45 -0500
The basic body lives on as the Voigtlander Bessa R.

JP

At 04:09 PM 11/26/2001 -0500, you wrote:
The OM-2000 is an underrated camera. I know it was made by Cosina, and it can't take a winder, but as a backup OM body, for its price, it's a darn good camera. Truth is, with its spot metering it's potentially a more accurate camera than most of the OM line. I recently sold one on eBay for $148.00. At the same time, I sold an OM-2sp that went for only $125.00. Before putting the 2000 up for sale, I checked some of the big online camera stores (B&H Photo, etc.) for a price. I was unable to find one, but I didn't conclude that they were out of production. That's not good. You now cannot buy a new Olympus SLR for under a $1000.

Allan