RE: [OM] Enschede?

Subject: RE: [OM] Enschede?
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 09:50:33 +0100
Hi,

> When I visited Enschede back in 1993 (I had a squadron visit to one
> of the F16 squadrons at Twente airbase) it was wonderful!  There are
> loads (60+?) of little bars in the centre of town  - or has it all
> changed?

Hmmm, I tend to be very harsh with my judgments of Enschede (I _really_
don't like this city), but some others seem to think it's o.k. The bars
you're talking about are on "Oude Markt", and that is an o.k. area (IMO just
o.k., not great). Keep one thing in mind though, a lot of "bars" in the
smaller streets around that area are coffeeshops, however, one should not
expect to actually find coffee on the menu ;)

Also, at that same market there is actually one interesting building:
there's one of the only 3 round chapel churches that The Netherlands has.
>From the outside the building looks grotesque, dog-ugly indeed, but from the
inside it's a really nice building. If one can visit that church (St.
Jacobuskerk), that is at least worth a visit as "tourist attraction", also,
of course, the church in which Gioconda and I got married (St. Josephkerk)
is special to me, but mainly for that very reason ;)

Cheers!
Olafo