RE: [OM] Om-2000 no longer available??

Subject: RE: [OM] Om-2000 no longer available??
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:52:22 -0000
Some extra "focusing" would be required, I think, as the existing setup
focuses the image onto the film area (36mm x 24mm, isn't it ?) whereas the
size of the CCD is a fraction of this.  We would need to have some kind of
lens to "shrink" the image to fit the 1/3" or 1/2" CCD.

Distance from the back of the lens should be, as you say, similar.  As with
the film, the image must be focused at the point where it hits the CCD.  Of
course, the CCD is thicker than film, so the pressure plate may have to come
off & maybe a whole new (slightly deeper) back machined up.

I thought of using the cylindrical spaces where the film "spools" normally
go for the electronics.  Maybe use the winder if there wasn't enough space,
or for a large capacity memory card.

The biggest problem I have come up against when thinking about this,
however, is the size of the CCD surface compared to that of the film.
Anyone got any thoughts ?

Jon