RE: [OM] Om-2000 no longer available??

Subject: RE: [OM] Om-2000 no longer available??
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:52:08 -0000
Sorry, not making myself clear as usual !!  My very loose use of the term
"focus" !!

Yes, it should still be in focus, but as you say, only the very centre of
the image would fall on the CCD (unless one used a 35mm x 24mm CCD - I
wasn't aware these were available !)  I was thinking more of either keeping
the CCD where the film is and "bending" the light somehow (fancy lens !) to
fit, or moving the CCD back somewhat from the lens so that the image size
was right, then having some kind of lens to re-focus the image.  All this
adds up to more glass, which generally means less light information.

Second thought - rather than move the CCD further back, how about an adaptor
between lens and body, which could space it enough to re-size onto the CCD
and also (hopefully) re-focus the image to this distance ?

Or maybe I should just wait for that Oly SLR with 35mm chip ....  Dream,
Dream, Dream ..... !!!

Jon