[OM] re: Om 20000

Subject: [OM] re: Om 20000
From: "Alan" <atk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 27 Nov 2001 18:37:11 -0000
Tom wrote:

       >> with correct marketing ... could be successful....

Well Tom. I disagree. Sorry, market size just isn't big enough to support
this. Btw the Om 2000 cost almost nothing for Cosina to produce. They already
had the basic components from the Nikon FE or whatever it is -- all they had
to do was stick an Om mount on it and do a little twiddling for the "spot"
meter (which I doubt was that accurate).

They didn't discontinue it because they were making money on it - lets face
it there just is not a big demand for cheape quality high expensive manual
slr. Nearly all of them have been discontinued.

The fact is that a quality MF body cost $$$ (perhaps more then a middle range
auto-focus thingy). While I might like such a body (and maybe you) the global
demand isn't there.

Alan