RE: [OM] Advising students

Subject: RE: [OM] Advising students
From: "gries" <gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 13:56:42 -0600
Well, I was a student (and still am unfortunately) when I bought my
first OM 4 years ago.  After careful research, I knew that OM was the
best for me, it fit perfectly w/ the way I shoot, and I still don't care
much for N*ikon, C@non, or anything else for that matter (except for
maybe a nice Contax! ;)

I think that the availability is still good, and if one is serious about
photography, then they probably won't want a wonderbrick.  I have grown
with the system, and if I do buy anything new, it would be because I
want middle or large format, and not another 35mm.  The OM-2K was a
disappointment, but a good -1n suits me fine, and the metering of the
-4Ti covers everything.  In fact, when I shoot w/ my Yashica Mat 124G, I
use the -4Ti + 50/1.4 as my meter!

It's a good system and we should be thankful of the many lenses and
bodies there are out there in good condition that, with the proper care,
will last for years...