Re: [OM] Advising Students

Subject: Re: [OM] Advising Students
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 22:22:48 -0800 (PST)
Thats an interesting experience. There is a salesman
at Ritz I see a lot when I go to drop off film (Ritz
might be more expensive, but the quality of the prints
makes it worth the price IMHO) A couple of weeks ago
he expressed an interest in macro photography. Well on
Monday I went back and showed him my 4t with a 50/2
macro. He was a P*ntax user, but I showed him this
beautiful lens on the 4t and I pratically had to pry
it out of his hands afterwords. He was amazed at how
solid the camera and lens felt and yet how lightweight
they were. Not at all like the plastic bodies
displayed in the store nor his P*ntax with it's
plastic lens. (He is more into specialty photography
and apprently has every Cokin P system filter ever
made). Its a crying shame Olympus doesn't market the
OM system because I genuinely think there would be a
market for their cameras and thier specialty lenses
like their superb macro system and fast wideangles and
specialty lenses like their shift lenses. A pipe dream
of mine would be the introduction of a 28mm and 50mm
shift lens. I certainly agree with your assesment of
currnet lenses being two PVC pipes with some glass
glued inside, these things scare me even more than the
plastic bodies.

Mark Lloyd